Twitter

07/03/13 -- If you still haven't got into the whole Twitter thing yet, can't see the point of it, or just plain don't understand what all the fuss is about and what use it could be to you then think again.

It's not all about kids talking about Justin Bieber's haircut, what Stephen Fry had for breakfast or rumours about which Premiership footballer is about to be "outed" as a chutney ferret you know. There are some serious business applications to it as well, many of which are highlighted in this collection of slides from a recent presentation about getting to grips with online marketing using social media:

What have you got to lose?

How did I find out about this presentation? I saw it on Twitter of course. Some of it is presented from the assumption that maybe you are a bit of a muppet and don't know what you are doing when it comes to computers, so that when sat down in front of a PC you look at it with wide-eyed bewilderment like someone just chucked a Neanderthal man an iPad.

"What is this internet thing of which you speak? I'm a simple Neanderthal man. Twitter, I know nothing of such wizardry."

I would never make such an assumption of course about you my dear, discerning reader. I KNOW that you are a bit of a muppet who doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to computers!