British UnfAirways #2

19/07/11 -- "I hope I can assure you we will be in touch with you again in the very near future," said their incoming email acknowledgement of my complaint/claim.

Clearly we aren't talking in terms of hours, I was kind of hoping though that we might be talking in terms of days. It seems that we weren't sadly. As nobody was ringing me, as promised, I've had to ring them.

Well BA tell me that if I was to book a round the world flight with them, starting say in Newcastle then onto Heathrow, then Kiev, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Perth, Syndey, Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Havana, Miami, New York, Johanesburg, Dubai, Rome, Paris, London and then back to Newcastle and then if I was to decide that I'd travel direct to Heathrow and skip the initial domestic Newcastle/Heathrow bit then they'd view that as a no show and cancel all my flights and keep the money!

Or in my particular case, as I made my own way to London due to the short time between the Newcastle flight landing and the Kiev flight taking off (stupidly prudent I know), they may actually let me fly to Kiev first before "pulling the plug" leaving me stranded - cheers BA you strike monkeys.

Of course their principals wouldn't get in the way of taking my money off me one more time to fly me home again, and earner is an earner isn't it?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. My international globetrotting Romanian correspondent advises "Welcome to the joys of travel for work. BA are bastards and I avoid like the plague."

How succinct.

Still, on the plus side I will obviously be taking this further, and as I will never fly with them again I will never have to look one of their Quintin Crisp lookalike flight attendants in his mincing little eye again either will I?