Reasons To Be Cheerful: Here's 3

If you look hard enough you can find some reasons to be optimistic about the outlook cereal prices for the second half of 2010.

Go on then Nogger, this will be worth a laugh at the very least, my psychic powers tell me you are thinking.

The thing is that's what I am also thinking when I read this story: Get planting

It looks like it's going to be all kind of doom & gloom but switches to proffer some rays of hope. A bit like a Jeremy Clarkson review of a car in reverse really.

What do you make of there being "little malting quality grain in store" or the removal of intervention next season being a positive thing for the market? Chuck in the oft quoted "massive intake" of wheat from Ensus changing the dynamics of feed demand and you'd better get that spring seed ordered after all.

Just make sure that you email your barley offers to this guy, not me!